**A SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM BISHOP COLLINS**
AGAPE WORSHIP CENTER INTERNATIONAL AND FAMILY,
Pastor Christle and I joined with the AWCI Leadership feel that it is our responsibility, as shepherds, to care for the people God has placed under our guidance and leadership.
Therefore, to remain vigilant in ensuring that everyone continues to stay healthy we have chosen to implement social distancing in our campus worship and go to online worship services until the governmental leadership of our state deems it safe to begin meeting again in large corporate gatherings.
I believe God is at work, and while we may not be able to meet corporately in a large setting for a short time we are still united as one and this is the greatest opportunity to share God’s love, peace, hope, and joy and to choose to walk by faith and not by fear. God’s church is so much greater than Sunday mornings and we will make it through this together as one! We are united and standing stronger in God than ever before! We need each other, so let’s lift our voices with one great sound, “United AWCI stands In God.”
Questions you may have…
Q. HOW LONG will we implement this plan?
A. Currently, we do not know the answer but with all diligence we will keep you updated as we get information from our Governor and State leadership. We are monitoring the situation closely on a day to day basis should information change. We are in constant contact with our state and city leadership, and we will be notified when the state eases restrictions that large gatherings are safe to resume.
Q. WHEN WILL THIS BEGIN?
A. Implementation will begin immediately with one online worship service starting this Sunday morning at 10:30 am and Wednesday evening at 7:00 pm. All A.P. P.S. Interest groups will be placed on hold until April 15th.
For the next two weeks there will be no on-campus meetings, rehearsals or training. Leaders are encouraged to use social media methods to maintain contact with people within their ministry circle of influence.
Q. HOW WILL THIS WORK?
A. We will focus on three specific areas during the next couple of weeks.
1. Maintaining weekly contact with AWIC people. It is imperative for all of us to maintain contact through this season! The church is built on community and communication, and we must continue that the best we can!
Here is what you can do and what to expect:
- AWCI needs to make sure that everyone’s contact info is correct in our data base. You can assist us by sending and or updating your contact information. You can do this by logging into our website. Doing this will be a great help to us.
- I am highly encouraging Elder Care and Ministry Leaders to remain in contact with AWCI family members to keep you notified of any updated changes, offer and receive prayer requests and check on your health and welfare. AWCI leadership will be reaching out on a weekly basis to check in on our families! We want to know how we can pray for you, meet any needs, and just to let you know we care.
- We encourage you to use our PRAYER REQUEST option on the church website and contact through ministers and leader’s within the church. Prayer is a powerful tool. Let’s lift one another up!
2. Having an Online Interactive Worship Experience
-We are aware there is nothing like getting together and lifting up the name of Jesus! We understand that we cannot duplicate that with an online service. However, in working with the Holy Spirit during this crisis we can interact and become a vital part of a supernatural spiritual encounter with Jesus. God is with us and for us no matter what is going on.
Please do your best to feel a part! This service will be broadcast at the church live every Sunday Morning at 10:30 am. We feel it is important to have a LIVE feel to it so that people feel engaged in the content.
Here are some specifics of how we intend to do that:
- We are going to create an atmosphere on the floor of the auditorium that will be more intimate and inviting. It will feel more like a living room setting. We encourage you to invite the family around the TV or computer and worship just as you would at church! Where 2 or 3 are gathered HE is there!!
- We encourage you to share the video and virtual “watch parties”. This can be done by clicking the watch party option on FB and using it as a tool to engage people who need to hear our message! It is a great opportunity to share the message of Jesus!
- We will give out discussion questions at the end of each message that families can discuss once the message is over. This will help you keep your family engaged spiritually!
3. Outreach and meeting needs
- We want to find ways to be a blessing and remain a beacon of hope to our communities and families during these extreme times in our nation. We cannot foresee the needs that may arise through crisis but we are continuing to pray that God will lead us to meet the needs wherever He chooses.
Finally, this can be a frightening time for many individuals. As Pastor and the shepherd of the AWCI flock God has assigned let me say the threat is real!! I want to encourage you to not let fear rule or have reign over you. As followers of Christ, we have a unique opportunity when facing difficult and uncertain times to remain steadfast and have unshakeable faith in Him who keeps us. God tells us over and over again not to be afraid or discouraged because He is in control, and He is ever present with us.
As a friendly reminder AWCI is in agreement with the CDC please follow the practical measures below to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
1. Avoid close contact with people who are sick and use social distancing.
2. Stay home if you are not feeling well.
3. Cover your mouth and nose with your forearm when coughing and sneezing.
4. Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds at a time. Use soap and water when possible.
5. If no soap and water are available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60%-95% alcohol.
Christle and I love each one of you so dearly and will continue praying for you daily! I will miss seeing you all in person on Sunday, but I will see you online Sunday @10:30 am and Wednesday @ 7:00 pm
God is with AWCI!!!